Crawlspace Waterproofing – Should You Replace Your Crawlspace Insulation? Marietta, GA
Insulation in a crawlspace offers many benefits to the building as a whole. Insulation is necessary for:
1. Improving the home’s energy efficiency. Insulating your crawlspace will prevent the loss of energy through the crawlspace. It will also prevent the gain of heat through the crawlspace. Your HVAC system won’t have to work as hard to create a comfortable indoor environment.
2. Improving the comfort of your home. Your home will remain cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Insulation prevents the loss or gaining of heat energy through the crawlspace.
3. Protecting you’re utility lines. Many homes that have crawlspaces have their utility lines running through the crawlspace. Insulating the crawlspace will help to protect the utility lines from exposure to outdoor conditions. This will prevent the freezing of the pipes and thereby help you avoid damage.
4. Meeting building code requirements. Insulation in the crawlspace is a building code requirement.
A crawlspace waterproofing contractor can help you with insulating your crawlspace. They will not only help you source and install the right insulation for your crawlspace but also work to prevent future water problems.
When to Replace Crawlspace Waterproofing
If your crawlspace is already insulated, you may be wondering whether you should have it replaced or not. There are various signs to look out for to know that your crawlspace’ insulation ought to be replaced.
1. There’s mold or mildew in your crawlspace
If there is a musty odor in your crawlspace or if you have spotted mold or mildew, you will probably need to have your insulation replaced. Insulation in a basement with a moisture problem will only trap moisture and can also provide the perfect environment for the growth of mold and mildew. Replace the insulation even when there are no signs of mold within it.
2. You have a bug or rodent infestation
Once again, insulation can provide the perfect environment for rodents and bugs to live and thrive. If you have a bug or rodent problem in your crawlspace, you should have the insulation replaced and invest in pest control services to get rid of the little critters in your crawlspace.
3. The insulation is damaged
Are there holes or tears in the insulation? These can act as entry points for rodents and insects. Be sure to have the insulation replaced.
The Best Way To Replace Insulation In A Crawlspace
If you want to replace the insulation in your crawlspace, contact us. Our team has been providing crawlspace waterproofing services to the surrounding community for years. We understand the challenges faced by homeowners with crawlspaces in the area. We will work to help you achieve a clean and dry crawlspace that is insulated to meet the building code.
Get in touch with us now and have your crawlspace inspected by an experienced crawlspace waterproofing contractor to determine whether you should replace your insulation or not. We’d be happy to help you insulate your crawlspace and ensure you can enjoy the results for longer.
Contact the Professionals at Everdry Basement Waterproofing Atlanta Today! (678) 741-2900